Huddersfield Christmas Window Competition
November 27 - December 14
We invite all our incredible local businesses to join us in turning Huddersfield town centre into a winter wonderland this year.
Transform your storefront window into a festive display, (be as creative as you like!) to help spread some Christmas cheer.
- Fosters a sense of joy and togetherness
- Attracts and invites shoppers in, people are more likely to spend time and money in a visually appealing environment
- Supports local business through increased footfall and longer dwell times
- Improves the image of the town centre as a vibrant, welcoming and lively place
- Increases social interaction, people are more likely to gather at festive display points, post about them on social media and use them for backdrops in photo’s or community events
- And of course, the chance to win an incredible festive hamper courtesy of the Huddersfield BID team!
Terms and Conditions – Please read if you are taking part
- The competition is live between Monday 27th November and Wednesday 14th December 2023. Entries can be submitted at any time during the competition live dates.
- Entries after 14th December will not be accepted.
- Entries must be a business within the Huddersfield BID zone.
- Businesses are allowed to nominate their own business or another business. Members of the public will also be allowed to nominate a business.
- Entries must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Huddersfield BID Christmas Window Competition‘
- Entries must include the following details, name of the business, contact name, and a photo of dressed shop window.
- Voting will be open to the public and will be done on Huddersfield BID’s Instagram and Facebook pages.
- A post on Instagram and Facebook will go live on Friday 15th December that will allow people to look through photos of all entries.
- Voters will be asked to comment the name of the business with the best storefront Christmas display. The most mentions will be our winner.
- Voting opens on Friday 15th December at 10:00am and closes Monday 18th at 12:00pm
- The business with the most mentions will be contacted on Tuesday 19th December and arrangements will be made for them to claim their prize.
- The prize is one festive hamper that will include a selection of tea, coffee, biscuits and other festive gifts sourced from businesses in Huddersfield.
You can also get involved in our Christmas Door Bow event!
We want to help bring the festive feeling to Huddersfield so we are providing free, festive door bows for all businesses, within the Huddersfield BID zone.
We supply and install the bow for you, all you need to do is let us know you would like one.
Please email email@example.com with the name of your business to let us know you want a bow.